With hundreds of on-line dating sites springing up on the internet everyday, some singles are finding it increasingly difficult to find the correct dating path for them. The millions of dollars spent on TV and magazine advertising by the dating industries big hitters can be all that’s needed to lure potential singles to their mass databases, but is this always the best route to follow?
Thousands of singles are turning their backs on the match.com’s and e-harmony’s for a more refined approach, and there is definitely no shortage of choice in this area, with niche sites catering for single gardeners to singles with a love of rugby; to just about every other conceivable dating permutation the choice is most certainly back in the hands of those looking for friendship or love.
So the day’s of having to join the mass ranks of the main player’s maybe over but what about the personal touch? Would you put your faith in someone else to find your Mr or Mrs Right? There’s no doubt that on-line dating is the most cost effective way of dipping your toes into the dating world but many professionals find the whole process too hit and miss.
Professor Moore finding himself on a dinner date with Tracy the Glaswegian shelf stacker from Sainsbury’s is unlikely be his ideal matchup. (Although there’s probably a niche site to help him find her if it is!)
Professional introduction agencies offer the kind of one to one service that online dating sites will never be able to offer and many thousands of high achievers and professionals still prefer them over the on-line solution.
The choice of this kind of service can still be daunting as there are also many thousands of UK introduction agencies offering very similar services. Our tips are as follows –
- Pick an agency that has a good track record on successful matches.
- Find an agency that’s been in business over a number of years and one that offers testimonials from other clients.
- Make sure you talk to the person responsible for trying to find your own match. It’s important that they listen to your requirements and that you end up being confident that they understand exactly the type of person you are searching for.
- Trust their abilities in finding you that perfect match.
- Research your agency and make sure that they are members of ABIA (The Association of British Introduction Agencies)